The research projects developed by the research groups require the use of different types of instruments, which are available in each laboratory to be utilized by each research group.
However, it is important to emphasize the multiuser instruments for shared use, which are available in the Department of Chemistry (Central Analysis and in some laboratories) and in multi-user laboratories of the University (CEBIME and LCME).
1 ) Research Laboratories
a) Analysis Center of the Departament of Chemistry
The Analysis Center of the Department of Chemistry is equipped with instruments that are in common use for all researchers of the Chemistry Graduate Program and the Department of Chemistry. The Analysis Center provides the use of equipments that are fully operational for the following analysis techniques:
- Flame Atomic Absorption Spectrometry (FAAS);
- Gas Chromatography (GC);
- Liquid Chromatography (HPLC);
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR);
- Mass Spectrometry (MS);
- UV-VIS spectrophotometry;
- Differential scanning calorimetry;
- Thermogravimetric analysis;
- Determination of thermal stability;
- Phase transition temperature (glass transition and others) in polymers and metals; X-ray diffractometry;
- CHNS/O Elemental analysis.
b) Central Laboratory of Structural Molecular Biology (CEBIME)
c) Central Laboratory of Electronic Microscopy (LCME)
d) Other Multiuser Instruments